Sunday, February 27, 2011

Torn Mind

From D's journal, March 2003.
______________________________________________

Help me to be calm.  Help me to hold the rudder.
Help me affect these students.  Help me be a comfort to my wife.
I beat up my body and mind daily.  It's a wonder I'm alive.
Help me realize that it's not shameful to care about your health.
Why do I think this?  It's like some sort of flagellating christian mixed with a self-destructive rock star.  I enjoy wit only. I like to look at things and laugh.  I like to stupefy myself.

2 comments:

  1. Now February, the Evil Month, is over. . .
    We look ahead to spring. Can you figure out a way for get to Maine for a long weekend? Don't you need a break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to overlook a new comment!
    I love to go to Maine and I do need a break. I'll think about it.
    Hope you are having a great time visiting your old friend.

    ReplyDelete