Saturday, February 19, 2011

5:15 pm

I used to be so afraid of it - 5:15 pm.

The fear was so intense that when 5 o'clock approached every day, I felt like a piece of ice was pressed against the back of my heart; often I couldn't stay still, literally.   I had to fiercely find something to get my mind off of the time -some kind of shelter or at least something to hang onto, to protect myself from the approaching tornadoes.

It is now a story of the past and almost a funny one, remembering how serious and desperate I was when in the midst of it.

Now I know that everything fades away - if you, someone out there, are in the middle of something like that, please know that it will end.

2 comments:

  1. Karin C2/20/2011

    I love reading your writing K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karin,
    I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete