Monday, January 10, 2011

Mini-illusion

This picture has been on our living room wall for years.
I love it from the day one to now; I never get tired of looking at it.
As I stare, very very slowly the clouds rise and the ledges give way, almost revealing something beyond them, like I'm driving a car heading to these hills. It's a mini-illusion I can get lost in, for a few seconds. It works every time.

I often wondered if D had gone over the ledges in this picture, and the thought gave me comfort.


2 comments:

  1. When he first put this on the wall, he said that the line of the 'hill' was taken from Wyeth's 'Christina's World.' Then, a few years later, I reminded him. "Of course it's not," he said.

    And it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Deb, it's a nice surprise.. I wasn't sure if you look at this blog these days. He did mention Christina's World, but I didn't pay attention because I don't really like the painting, especially Christina.

    ReplyDelete