Saturday, January 29, 2011

Here we go

OK.  I can't go on like this, keeping one side in shadow.  It'll be hard but I think D deserves recognition of his fear and isolation, what he was carrying along for so long.  I believe this also will help me putting things behind.
1994 and 95 were the hardest years for him, I think: just found out his illness and was away from home (we were in Japan).

Ready?  An entry in '95.
_________________________________________________
No one can pick me up, patch me up.  Boy. Boy,
funny boy, sad boy.  I spin me round, I look at the sky.
My disease is warm in my belly like a baby in the womb.
I want to work, work, make some mark before I die.
The tumbling innumerable births and deaths in me, in the spinning world.
_________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. I find this helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are not just saying that.
    Let me know if you can't bear, I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete