Thursday, September 30, 2010

Taking three days off.

Yesterday: I went to grocery shopping, really took my time there, checking almost every product on the shelves.  I walked slowly to the store and back.  I made grapefruit jelly.  I started reading Haruki Murakami book, which I was saving for this little vacation.  I did some crochet, watched Netflix movie and Hell's Kitchen on TV.

Today: I went to a laundromat to wash heavy bath rug and comforter cover.  I bought myself an ice latte at the corner coffee shop.  It was delicious.  Then I played with my cat while putting a fresh sheet on my bed.  That's his ritual at the change of sheets --get under the sheet and run around.  

I went to a junk shop and bought a little red glass creamer (or sauce pitcher) for 99 cents, and then stopped at the pet shop to get some cat food.   Sometimes I stick my head out the window and watch the gusting winds for a while. (we are supposed to have a severe rain storm today but so far no rain)   

Now I'm going to watch 5 o'clock news to check weather forecast.  I must love storms. Tomorrow I'll read more, lying down on the sofa. I'll have my hair cut early afternoon, I'll meet my friend and go to Elmhurst for vietnamese dinner.  

I realize I had never been so happy for a long time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment