Friday, May 6, 2011

Dear My Mother-in-Law

I can't find any journal after he was diagnosed with cancer in 2004.  Only there are little fragments he scribbled here and there, on a little piece of paper or back of a cardboard box, things like that, and most of them, especially the recent ones, are too painful for me to even glance at.  So I don't have much more of his stuff to put on this blog.


However, the other day, I accidentally found a video he took of me with an old hand-me-down Sony camera. I had no memory of it at all, but in this short video I was knitting and D called my name many times to get me look at the camera.  Finally I looked up and said "Sorry, I was counting."   That is all in it, but his voice was disturbingly alive.  If you are interested I'll show you on your next visit.  

Here is his little drawing he did while waiting at Saint Vincent's.  I'm still upset that the hospital's gone - the building at 12th Street and 7th Avenue will turn into luxury condos I've heard.  




3 comments:

  1. As always Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you feel the way I do. . . that it's his voice that I miss? I remember when he lost his voice and told the surgeon "you have given me back my life."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin, Deb,
    Without you guys, I would've been much more of a wreck.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete