Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Girls

My sister-in-law, her husband and their two girls are in the city for a visit.
They came yesterday with the heavy rain and countless bags, 
crossed over three years' time in seven hours. 

We played "Go Fish"
had burritos and fajitas for dinner
talked and giggled and made silly faces
And read poems lying on the bouncy air bed

The girls had grown so much
now they have their own must-see destinations in New York
-- Chinatown and American Girl Dolls store.

The older one had a hard time sleeping
With the rain, winds, and occasional trucks and ambulance passing by
As I was brushing my teeth, I heard her father gently singing for her at the bedside.  

The younger one has eyes of D's.  
I couldn't help staring into them -those deep, blue eloquent eyes!
When we went outside this morning she looked at the sky and exclaimed,
"Look, the clouds are moving!"
Then she cited a poem, 
"White sheep, white sheep, on the blue hill..."


No comments:

Post a Comment