Sunday, November 28, 2010

I've turned fifty

and in a way became half visible.  Young eyes don't see me or see me as a news from far away on TV.  Standing just a breath away from each other on a train, the girl and I live in different worlds.  Or we live in a different time in the same world.  D said, when he was a little over 40,  "No one looks at me any more," with a great disappointment.

Yes I am well familiar with that leftover feeling, but I'm sorry D, that you don't get to know the pleasure of getting old.  I believe we (living people) develop some special taste buds for the vision; the flavor gets more and more intense as we age, because it is closely linked to our decades' memories good and bad.  That is why only old people can sit on stoops and watch outside all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment